STS Chauntra: PGPs and Collaborative Practices
Sambhota Tibetan School Chauntra has 19 teachers who are under the Teacher professional Development program which directly benefits 400 students. Under the leadership of the new Principal Mr. Bhutuk Shatri la and the Headmaster Mr. Tenzin Choeyang la, the school has been implementing the project. The school had its Orientation cum workshop on Teacher Professional Development Program by Mr. Kalsang Wangdue la during the new school session. Recently, the school had created a special time for the teachers to do their own PGPs and Collaborative practices.
18th – 21st June 2014: A two member team from Department of Education and Tibet Fund, Dharamsala visited STS Chauntra and STS Peteon and spent two days each respectively, as a part of On-site school visit to give support and guidance about the Teacher Professional Development Program.
A two member team from Department of Education and Tibet Fund, Dharamsala visited STS Chauntra as a part of On-site school visit to give support and guidance about the Teacher Professional Development Program. During their visit, the team conducted the following sessions:
1. Attending one or two of the Collaborative Practices going in the school we visit
2. Meeting the teachers in the presence of the school Principals and discussing about their PGPs and sharing our thoughts and personal experiences
3. PowerPoint presentation on Teacher Professional Development and its importance
4. Collecting suggestions from the teachers regarding the implementation of the Collaborative practices
5. Filling a short survey questionnaire on TPD to assess the progress and its implication to their profession development
6. Introduction to the Facebook group and to the teachers to bring all the teachers together and share their ideas and thoughts.
7. Checking the log-book of the Teachers' Reading Corner books.