A two member team from Department of Education and Tibet Fund, Dharamsala visited THF Rajpur as a part of On-site school visit to give support and guidance about the Teacher Professional Development Program. During their visit, the team spent two days and during their stay, they conducted the following sessions:
1. Attending one or two of the Collaborative Practices going in the school we visit
2. Meeting the teachers in the presence of the school Principals and discussing about their PGPs and sharing our thoughts and personal experiences
3. PowerPoint presentation on Teacher Professional Development and its importance
4. Collecting suggestions from the teachers regarding the implementation of the Collaborative practices
5. Filling a short survey questionnaire on TPD to assess the progress and its implication to their profession development
6. Introduction to the Facebook group and to the teachers to bring all the teachers together and share their ideas and thoughts.
7. Checking the log-book of the Teachers' Reading Corner books
Most of the collaborative practices were Co- teaching. The team members attended the session. After the session, the teachers were given timely feedback and guidance such as the importance of making the lesson plan together, observing the lesson critically by the co-teacher, having post lesson conference, preparing a new lesson plan and demonstrating the lesson again were some of the feed backs given by them. The teachers accepted the feed backs and assured the team that they would incorporate those in their next practice.
Collaborative Practice : Lesson Study Subject-wise
Group Lesson Study will be done on 9th June at 12:05 P,M-1:15 P.M. Presentation of the improved lesson by the observer of the first lesson study would be done on 12th June and the sharing of ideas and discussion on it would be done on 16th June.
Workshop and Orientation on TPD
Professional Development Orientation course to the teachers was organised by Mr. Migmar Tsering la, the Vice Principal of THS Rajpurat Tibetan Homes School, Rajpur in April 2014. Teachers are told about their Collaborative learning and the Professional Growth plan for the year 2014.